Zehl & Associates, PC Texas Superhero Scholarship Competition Terms & Conditions
Please read the following before submitting your application.
Zehl & Associates, PC is offering the Zehl & Associates, PC Texas Superhero Scholarship. It is awarded through a competition sponsored by Zehl & Associates, PC (“Sponsor”) and administered by GNGF, LLC, for the purpose of granting easier access to education.
These Terms & Conditions explain how the Competition works. Please read the Terms carefully so that you understand all the requirements and conditions for participating.
- Entry Period. The Competition ends May 30, 2016 at 11:59 p.m. ET.
- Eligibility. The Competition is open to any Texas student who is a legal resident of the United States residing in one of the 50 states or the District of Columbia and who is enrolled in a Texas institution for the upcoming 2016. Employees of Sponsor and GNGF, their immediate families (parent, child, sibling, and spouse), and persons living in the same households of such individuals (whether related or not), are not eligible to participate in the Competition. No minimum GPA is required.
- How to Enter. Create a short video and upload it to YouTube, then write a supporting essay (details on these below). Go to [LINK TO PAGE] during the Entry Period, where you will be asked to do the following:
- Fill out an application with your name, address, date of birth, educational background (graduation year; high school attended), and student identification number at the Qualifying Institution at which you are enrolled for 2016
- Provide a link to your video
- Upload your supporting essay
Entries will not be returned.
- Content of Entries.
Video. Create a short video telling us about the prompt. Also describe what your dreams and goals are, and how this scholarship will help you achieve your goals.
The video can be serious, funny, inspiring – whatever you want! Creativity is encouraged. The video must be 30-120 seconds in length. You don’t need to be a professional videographer. Film it with whatever resources you have!
Title: The Zehl & Associates, PC Texas Superhero Scholarship
_________ [YOUR NAME]
Description: [LINK] [YOUR SUMMARY OF VIDEO CONTENT] This video is an application for Zehl & Associates, PC Texas Superhero Scholarship. This $2,500 scholarship, offered by Zehl & Associates, PC, will be given to one Texas student.
Essay. Your essay should expand on the content of your video, and must be 400-1000 words.
Additional Requirements for Video and Essay. Both the video and the essay must be your original work and not previously published. Submissions that, in the sole discretion of GNGF, include any material that is defamatory, obscene, pornographic, sexually explicit, disparaging of any racial, ethnic, religious, gender, sexual orientation, or any other minority group, infringing, in violation of any third party rights or any other law, illegible, or late, will be disqualified.
- Selection and Notification of Winner. All qualified submissions will be judged by GNGF and Zehl & Associates, PC without regard to race, creed, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, or any other prohibited basis. The applicant whose submission bests meets the following criteria will be selected as the Scholarship Winner:
The Scholarship Winner will be chosen on or about June 13, 2016, and will be notified shortly thereafter by email, using the contact information provided in the application.
- Award. The Scholarship Winner will be awarded a $2,500 scholarship, payable by check directly to the Qualifying Institution identified in the application as the school where the Scholarship Winner will be enrolled in 2016. If the Scholarship Winner decides to attend a Qualifying Institution other than the one so identified, he or she must notify GNGF no later than two weeks after the selection date so that the award may be sent to the correct entity.
Except where prohibited by law, before the award can be sent to the Qualifying Institution, the Scholarship Winner will be required to complete and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Compliance with Official Rules, a Publicity Release, and a Release of Liability. If any potential Scholarship Winner does not meet these requirements within fourteen (14) days of notification, an alternate Scholarship Winner will be named.
- General Conditions. Any applicant suspected of tampering with or disrupting any aspect of the Competition will be disqualified. All decisions of GNGF are final. By your participation, you – and, if you are a minor, your parent or guardian – (i) agree to be bound by these Terms & Conditions, (ii) represent and warrant that your entry is original and not previously published, (iii) agree to release, indemnify, and hold harmless Sponsor and GNGF, and their officers, directors, employees, agents, and representatives, from any and all claims, liabilities, losses, and damages of any kind arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from your participation in the Competition or your acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of the Award, and (iv) grant Sponsor a sole, worldwide, perpetual, royalty-free, irrevocable, sublicensable, transferable right to use your video and essay, as well as your name, likeness, voice, biographical information, and statements, for advertising and promotional purposes, in any media now known or hereafter invented, without compensation or notification, except as prohibited by law.
- Limitation of Liability. Sponsor and GNGF make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, including without limitation implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or noninfringement with respect to the Award. Some jurisdictions may not permit limitations or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages or exclusion of implied warranties. Check your local laws to determine if any of the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you. Sponsor and GNGF are not responsible for late, lost, misdirected, or unintelligible entries, including entries not received because of interrupted or unavailable network servers, failed communications networks or equipment, computer hardware or software, or other errors or malfunctions whether human, mechanical, or electronic. Should Sponsor and GNGF, in their sole discretion, determine that the Competition has been compromised by virus, bugs, hackers, or other causes beyond its control, Sponsor and GNGF reserve the right to terminate the competition and choose the Scholarship Winner in a fair and reasonable manner from among all eligible entries submitted prior to termination.
- Governing Law. All disputes concerning the construction, interpretation, validity, effect, and enforceability of these Terms & Conditions will be governed by the laws of the State of Ohio without regard to conflicts of laws provisions. You agree that exclusive jurisdiction over any legal action arising out of or in connection with the Competition will be in state or federal courts located in or nearest to Hamilton County, Ohio, and by submitting an application you consent to such jurisdiction and venue.
- Privacy. With the exception of the Winner’s name and Qualifying School, contact information collected by Sponsor and GNGF solely in connection with the Competition will not be shared with third parties.
- Winner’s List. For the name of the Scholarship Winner, write to GNGF at the address below no later than July 30, 2016.
Sponsor and Administrator. The Sponsor of the Competition is Zehl & Associates, PC, 2700 Post Oak Blvd Ste 1120, Houston, TX 77056, (713) 491-6064.The administrator of the Competition is GNGF, LLC, 1775 Mentor Avenue, Suite 302, Cincinnati, Ohio 45212, (513-244-2016).
Applications for the 2016 scholarship are now CLOSED.
Please stay tuned for the announcement of the winner and check back for updates about next year’s scholarship. Thank you to all of our 2016 applicants.